While we search for new stat gaps, using a variety of methods, follow these steps.
- Agility is nearly always king. Equip the highest ilvl gear. If its within 5 ilvl or 10 for necks/rings, then you should sim them to be sure.
- Follow the stat priority; Mastery > Crit > Vers > Haste for single target and Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers for multi target.
Gems vs Item Level
This is always a difficult question to answer because each slot has its own stat budget. So I’ll make a list. This list assumes that secondary stats you would use for gems are worth 60% of Agility. This is how many item levels a gem socket is worth for each slot, assuming a 150 secondary stat gem:
- Helm/Chest/Legs – 3 ilvl (7 ilvl for Agi gem)
- Neck/Ring – 7 ilvl (16 ilvl for Agi gem)
- Shoulders/Gloves/Waist/Boots – 4 ilvl (9 ilvl for Agi gem)
- Cloak/Bracers – 6 ilvl (13 ilvl for Agi gem)
Hopefully, this answers more questions than it creates. As always you can find us on Discord to answer questions, and if you liked what you read don’t hesitate to scroll down or to the top and subscribe and support WtW.