Mistweaver – Melee Immunity
Mistweavers aren’t treated as a regular healer when it comes to encounter mechanics, ever since their inception in Mists of Pandaria, where being in melee range of the boss to generate Chi with Jab, maintain Tiger Power and Serpent’s Zeal, and heal through Eminence were core parts of the class. In Legion, Mistweavers have split from that style of healing, though echoes of it can still be found in Spirit of the Crane and Rising Thunder talents.
However, Legion Mistweaver’s output is still tied to its positioning in all the Player-Based AoE (PBAoE) spells in the class; Essence Font‘s limited range, Refreshing Jade Wind, Celestial Breath, The Mists of Sheilun, Sheilun’s Gift orb spawns for Whispers of Shaohao healing. Being in melee helps maximize all of this healing, and so Mistweavers are not targeted by some mechanics on some fights to prevent being punished for this.
Below is a list of all abilities per raid instance that will not affect Mistweavers.
- Spellblade Aluriel
- Mark of Frost will never originate on Mistweavers, but can be placed on us if it’s broken too close to us.
- Orb of Destruction will never target Mistweavers.
- High Botanist Tel’arn
- Brand of Argus will never be placed on Mistweavers
- Liquid Hellfire and Empowered Liquid Hellfire will never target healers.
- Eye of Gul’dan and Empowered Eye of Gul’dan will never target Mistweavers.
- Parasitic Shadow Demons will not fixate (and stun) Mistweavers with Shadowy Gaze.
- Chaos Seed from Soul Fragment of Azzinoth will never be placed on Mistweavers.