Welcome to PeakofSerenity’s Mistweaver Monk PvE Venthyr Guide. This guide is designed to be a more in-depth look at the Venthyr Covenant. Navigate quickly to the section you need using the sidebar on the right.
For information on how the Covenants compare to each other, see the PvE Quick Guide.
This guide has been updated for Patch 9.1 and is regularly updated when discussion, theorycrafting, or testing yields new information.
The denizens of Revendreth offer the ability Fallen Order, opening a mirror for 24 seconds. This mirror summons Fallen Monks of the Ox, Crane, or Tiger school every 3 seconds, which last for 6 seconds each unless they are your school then they last 8. These Fallen Monks will cast an ability based on their school: Ox will cast Keg Smash, Crane will cast Enveloping Mist and Soothing Mist, and Tiger will cast Spinning Crane Kick. As it stands, this will always summon 4 monks of your spec’s school, (Crane for Mistweaver, Ox for Brewmaster, and Tiger for Windwalker) the other 3 being a random combination of the other two. For us, this means we get 4 Crane monks. This is a 3 minute cooldown that does a large amount of healing which costs only 2% of your base mana.
Venthyr also learns the ability Door of Shadows, which allows you to teleport to a target destination within 35 yards. This destination can be through walls, creating opportunities for more unique skips.
- Overall: Pretty good.
- Raiding: Provides a good bit of extra stats which all go into throughput.
- Mythic+: More stats and the haste proc is really nice for DPS.
- Defense: Pretty Strong. Large shields after you use a health potion
- Utility: Okay? Disorients mobs on a 1.5 second cast.
- Overall: Pretty nice.
- Raiding: NICE!!! Provides a good bit of throughput by raw stat and shields.
- Mythic+: Alright. Break some roots.
- Defense: Alright. A solid 60 avoidance.
- Utility: Not much to see here.
- Overall: Really good.
- Raiding: Really nice. Lots of extra throughput.
- Mythic+: Nice. Provides a bit of extra throughput.
- Defense: Nice. You can get a lot of extra shielding.
- Utility: Nice. Spend less gold from the Hunter pulling a random pack.