Until databases are updated, the links to spells will display the previous build’s tooltips.
Added/Changed This Build
- Effuse is removed!
- Vivify has changed to be a single target heal that heals for 100% Spell power that also heals all targets with Renewing Mist active for 60% Spell power.
- Soothing Mist is back to its Mists of Pandaria/Warlords of Draenor roots, changed to an active channel that heals for about 47% Spell power 8 times. Haste increases the rate at which Soothing Mist heals, but does not add more ticks per channel.
- Makes all casts of Vivify or Enveloping Mist instant on the target.
- Activating Thunder Focus Tea does not interrupt this channel.
- Summon Jade Serpent Statue is changed to accommodate the Soothing Mist reversion, healing for a maximum of 30 ticks of about 16.3% Spell power per tick on the last target you used Soothing Mist on, continuing to channel after your cast ends. Haste increases the rate at which this heals, but does not add extra ticks.
- Thunder Focus Tea, when used to empower Enveloping Mist, instantly heals the target for 130% Spell power.
- This heal falls under Enveloping Mist, and as such isn’t buffed by itself.
- Mystic Touch was added a couple builds ago, but to summarize, each enemy hit with an attack increases Physical damage taken by 5% for 60 seconds, refreshing on each new hit. This is a Monk-wide passive.
- Mana Tea is now on the global cooldown, but now lasts for 12 seconds.
- Invoke Chi-Ji healing increased from 22% Spell power per hit to 30% Spell power per hit.
- Enveloping Mist now amplifies its own healing by 30% (40% if Mist Wrap is talented). This is likely intentional as it had to be added to the aura that it affects.
As a reminder, all Spell power coefficients were lowered along with the iLvL squish. For reference, Life Cocoon absorbs for 700% Spell power and Enveloping Mist heals for about 56% Spell power per tick.
What These Changes Mean
These changes bring Mistweavers back to (some of) our roots. Vivify is now a combination of Surging Mist/Effuse and Uplift, now that it (again) heals all targets with Renewing Mist on them, as well as a targeted ally. No longer being tied to chi, this also gives a lot more power and flexibility to the burst potential of Mistweavers in dungeons, allowing Focused Thunder to apply Renewing Mist to 3 of your party members, and Soothing Mist–Vivify to quickly burst up the group.
One thing that seemingly didn’t make it into this Alpha build were talent changes, which I’m excited to see with the return of this playstyle.
If you like this and the other content provided here on PeakofSerenity by myself and other Monks, consider supporting us through Patreon or Paypal. If you have any questions, leave a comment below or join us on the Monk discord channel, PeakofSerenity.