Mistweaver PvE Quick Guide
This guide is designed to be a basic, quick guide for Mistweaver with just the information you need. For more in-depth, advanced, information follow the links to those pages in the “Further Reading” sections or in the “Advanced” section in the menu above. Navigate quickly to the section you need using the sidebar on the right.
This guide has been updated for Patch 9.0.5 and is regularly updated when discussion, theorycrafting, or testing yields new information.
|Tier 1 (lvl 15)||Mistwrap||Chi Burst|
|Tier 2 (lvl 25)||Tiger’s Lust||Tiger’s Lust|
|Tier 3 (lvl 30)||Mana Tea||Mana Tea|
|Tier 4 (lvl 35)||Ring of Peace||Ring of Peace|
|Tier 5 (lvl 40)||Dampen Harm||Diffuse Magic|
|Tier 6 (lvl 45)||Summon Jade Serpent Statue||Refreshing Jade Wind|
|Tier 7 (lvl 50)||Rising Mist or focus thunder||Upwelling|
War Mode Talents
These talents are not the best for pvp per say but rather world content when you’re in warmode.
- Refreshing Breeze – Your main heal on yourself is going to be vivify so increasing it by 20% is massive
- Chrysalis – Your emergency `I pulled too many mobs` button is here so more get out of jail cards is good.
- Counteract Magic – Mobs frequently put magic effects on you so its just passive increase rem healing which you should have on yourself.
Healing has no defined rotation or priority system. It requires you to understand your spells and how best to use them to keep your group alive. In general, any downtime should be used to DPS. Below are the two distinct healing styles available to Mistweaver and how to use your spells.
- Renewing Mist will be use as close to on cooldown as possible.
- Vivify will be your main heal.
- To heal a single target taking sustained damage, Soothing Mist and Enveloping Mist are your best tools.
- Essence Font should only be used to get the HoT effect out in order to quickly burst single targets through the double Gust of Mists hits. Cancelling a cast of it when your party has the HoT effect rolling on all of them will allow you to use Mastery-proccing spells faster for burst healing on any target that needs it. However, continuing the channel can be the right call in specific situations, normally when you need group healing while you yourself are moving. It depends on the situation at hand.
- If you’re the only Monk, make sure Mystic Touch is applied to whatever is being damaged.
- If talented:
- Thunder Focus Tea should be used on Renewing Mist if Rising Mist is not talented. If Rising Mist is talented then you should use it on Rising Sun Kick.
- Keep at least 1 charge of Renewing Mist on cooldown. As raid damage is incoming, you can use the second charge to ramp up the Renewing Mists on the raid.
- Fully channel Essence Font during raid-wide damage.
- Vivify any group damage when Essence Font is on cooldown or fewer than 6 people are injured and in range. Ensure Renewing Mists are out to leverage the additional healing from Vivify cleave.
- For sustained single target damage, such as a heavy tank damage period or a hard hitting debuff, Soothing Mist the target, and follow up with Enveloping Mist.
- Right before raid damage goes out cast Yu’lon.
Additional Spell Usage:
- Thunder Focus Tea should be used for either Renewing Mist or Vivify. Generally Vivify will be used, unless mana is not a concern for the encounter.
- If you are talented into Summon Jade Serpent Statue, ensure the statue is casting on a target who, generally a tank. You can quickly cast Soothing Mist and immediately cancel. This requires only a short 1 second GCD to keep up
- Mystic Touch should be applied to any target taking damage.
To note all covenants are very close in terms of throughput but recommend Necrolords for raiding and Kyrian for mythic plus.
For Kyrian you’d want to go Kleia.
For Necrolords you’d want to go Emeni.
Potency Conduit Priority
- Jade Bond
- Imbued Reflections/Bone Marrow Hops depending on Covenant
- Resplendent Mist
- Rising Sun Revival
- Strike with Clarity
- Nourishing Chi
- Way of the Fae
Pure Healing: Intellect > Mastery > Haste = Versatility = Critical Strike
Mixed Focus: Intellect > Haste = Versatility = Critical Strike > Mastery
In general, taking higher item level pieces will be the standard course of action. All of the secondaries are very close in terms of healing output, so the optimizations will be based on your specific group composition, level of ability, and dungeon.
Upwelling: Intellect > Critical Strike > Versatility > Mastery > Haste
Rising Mist: Intellect > Critical Strike > Versatility > Haste >> Mastery
These stat priorities help to get a rough idea of what gear to go for, but the most important thing to get as soon as possible is your stat weights. Stat weights help you zero in on which stat is the most effective at increasing your healing. However, healers have no grand simulator, as there are a lot more variables that can affect your overall performance than there are for DPS specs. In light of that, healers use fight analysis tools like WoWAnalyzer which gives you accurate weights that would improve your output. You can also use the QE Live tool to compare gear based on your stat weights.
One thing to note here, is the greatest impact you can make in your output is improving your play over improving your gear. While higher item level gear will have an impact, proper play will always outpace “perfect” gear optimization.
- Follow your stat weights/priority
- Weapon: weapon
- Cloak: cloak
- Chest: chest
- Bracers: bracers
- For rings you should follow your stat weights/priorities
You should use QE Live to compare all your gear including trinkets but some notable Trinkets are:
The concept of “Best-in-slot” lists is mostly obsolete, although it has “returned” a little bit in Shadowlands. Gear should be assessed on a case-by-case basis rather than as a whole, using QE Live.
- Flask: Flask
- Potion: int pot, mana pot, if you’re next 4 gcds are going to all be env or ef then hurt to heal potion will save more mana.
- Rune: rune
- Food: Food1 or Food
- Weapon Oil: oil
- Armor Kit: armor kit
Each character race is within a small margin of power for throughput. However, it should be noted that the Blood Elf active racial ability, Arcane Torrent, is very useful as both an offensive dispel, as well as a mana recovery tool, especially with its quick cooldown. Its mana adds up over the duration of a fight.
Overall there is no required professions for Shadowlands. In comparison from BFA Alchemy has taken a massive hit in value due to Alchemy Stone having such a low max item level.
WeakAuras are ways to show things on your screen in a customized and personalized way. The best WeakAuras are the ones that you set up for yourself specific to your style and needs. However, many people have already made ones for themselves to share, so check them out and use them as bases to customize your own.
No WeakAuras are “required” but some are very useful:
- Essence Font Range Tracker
- Refreshing Jade Wind Range Tracker
- Mana Tea Time Remaining (with GCD Tracker)
- Jade Serpent Statue Uptime
- Renewing Mist Tracker
For full WA Packs for MW, please check out Wago.io. Some highlighted ones are listed below:
- Anomoly’s – https://wago.io/4kclhyW3M
- Afenar’s – https://wago.io/Mistweaver_AfenarUI
- Onyon’s – https://wago.io/cHQczWroR
- Luxthos’ – https://wago.io/r1MFNt9rm / https://wago.io/HyGi4KqSm / https://wago.io/HJk5VY9rQ
- Mimir’s – https://wago.io/0V4b8DxH4
Talent specific macros, ex. T45 talents
/cast [talent:6/1] Summon Jade Serpent Statue;[talent:6/2] Refreshing Jade Wind; [talent:6/3] Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane
This will cast either of the T45 talents, depending on what is currently selected by the player. This can be extended to other talents as well.
Stopcasting Macro for Rising Mist
/stopmacro [channeling: Essence Font]
/cast Rising Sun Kick
Updated to 9.0.5
- Necrolords is now best for raiding